The 3 Most Important Pieces of Information You Need to Apply for Social Security Disability Benefits
The Three - 3 - Key Pieces of Information You Need to Apply for Social Security Disability Benefits
It can take 2-6 months to get the initial decision on your application for social security disability benefits, but you can speed up the review by submitting important information and documents with your application. These simple tips will help the case review manager gather the appropriate personal, employment and medical documents that they will need to approve your claim.
The three types of information you need to supply are:
- Your Social Security number and proof of your age - birth certificate, passport
- Current home address, any and all telephone numbers
- Names, age, social security numbers of all family members you live with, as well as minor children and ex-spouse who may not live with you
- Proof and date of marriage (marriage license)
- Your most 15 years of job history and job descriptions
- Your most recent financial documents such as, w-2’s, 1099’s, and tax returns
- Contact information, including names, addresses and tlephonephone numbers of doctors, caseworkers, hospitals, and clinics that took care of you, as well as the dates of your visits
- List of all of the medications which you are taking
- Medical records, including lab & test results, from your any treating medical professional or facility
You must provide original documents or copies certified by the issuing office. They can be submitted by mail or fax, or you can bring them to your local Social Security office. The office will scan them in and return the originals to you.
DO NOT WAIT! - Even if f you don’t have all the documents that they ask for, the professionals at Social Security will help you get what you need.